How to Help
Community members are an important source of support for Peace House and its programs. The community provides Peace House with our leaders, volunteers, financial contributors, corporate sponsors and so much more.
To brainstorm with us on how you or your organization can become a Peace House sponsor, please contact Ann Johnson, our Development Manager.
Use your credit or debit card to make a one-time donation or to set up monthly payments of any amount.
Guidestar’s Network for Good is another way to securely make one-time or subscription-based gifts charged to your credit card.
If you prefer, you can make out a check to Peace House and mail to:PO Box 682141
Park City, UT 84060
For a confidential discussion about your options for significant gifts, deferred gifts or gifts of registered securities, please contact Jane Patten, Executive Director, at 435-658-4739 x101.
For a gift of $1,000 or more, you can underwrite the cost of one day’s operation and help ensure the Peace House shelter remains a viable resource in our community.
The possibilities are endless and the gift is priceless. To learn more about how you can participate in the Shelter Sponsor program, please contact Ann Johnson, Development Manager.
Wish List - Immediate Needs
- Visit our MyRegistry page!
- Local Gift Cards TJ Maxx, Rite Aid, Walmart, Smith's, Maverick etc. in denominations of $5 or $10
- Home Depot Gift Cards in any denomination
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Gift Cards Great Clips Hair Cut Salon
- NEW Women’s Bras Size D (34-38)
- New Pillows
- New Twin-Sized Comforters
- Folders with tabs
- New Mascara
- Large and Small Garbage Bags
- Fabric Softener
- Brita Water Filter Refills
- Sponge Scrubber Head Refills
Wish List - Ongoing Items
Ongoing Items Wish List
If you would like to donate items to Peace House, please contact our In-Kind Donations Coordinator Kathy Churilla at 435.649.6823. Kathy is always happy to help!
We are currently unable to accept hygiene items, or used clothes, toys, or household goods.
If you would like to donate items to Peace House, please contact our In-Kind Donations Coordinator Kathy Churilla at 435.649.6823. Kathy is always happy to help.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Peace House. Our organization relies heavily on community support, especially volunteerism, to keep our doors open. Volunteers with Peace House provide an additional source of support, connection, and services for our clients at Peace House. They also allow our staff to avoid burnout and continue to provide high levels of care. Peace House is committed to providing a fulfilling, unique, social, and diverse volunteering experience. Our opportunities are suitable for groups, families, or individuals.
- Work directly with clients as mentors*
- Provide childcare while parents are away for therapy, job interviews, or errands*
- Share your talent by teaching a class*
- Provide pro bono services such as legal services, therapy, etc*.
- Assist with shelter needs such as grocery shopping, cleaning, errand running, organizing our donation room, etc**.
- Organize donation drives or fundraisers.
Assist with events.
*These opportunities directly involve clients and require background checks and additional training. **These opportunities may or may not directly involve clients and could require background checks and additional training.
Why Volunteer with Peace House?
- To have a unique opportunity to connect with & serve a vulnerable population
- To fulfill your responsibility to improve your community
- It looks great on resumes & job applications
- To participate in fun volunteer activities
- To gain new skills & training in the social service field.
- Flexible Scheduling.
Who We Need
For opportunities that directly involve clients, you must be 18 or older. You must also be able to handle difficult situations, be able to volunteer at least 2 hours/month, pass a criminal background check with no violent crimes or felonies, and be able to attend a mandatory 16 hour training.
How To Start
For opportunities directly involving clients, you must complete 24 hours of domestic violence training prior to beginning. Training is held every 3 months. Our next training is 10-3 on Saturday, January 7th and January 14th. New volunteers MUST attend the full training. To sign up for training, please click here.
For opportunities not directly involving clients, you will need to complete a volunteer interview. To schedule this, please contact Hanna using the information below.
Contact your Coordinator
Hanna Mower, Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: 435-658-4739 ext. 103
Stop by or call anytime Tuesday-Friday, 8-6
1960 Sidewinder Dr. Ste. 208
Park City, UT 84060